Welcome to our McCutcheon customers!YoutubeTwitterFacebook

Free Quote613-966-5740

Renter Insurance - Instant Quote Online 

Click Here For An Instant Renter's Insurance Quote

Do you rent out part of your property to a tenant or temporary border? If so, you are probably in need of increased home insurance coverages in order to protect your property and liability. Mackay Insurance in Belleville provides landlord insurance for homeowners who are renting out their property for income. 

What is Renter Insurance?

Renter insurance is an extension of your home insurance and is obtained by a landlord (property owner). If you have another person living in your home, such as a temporary student tenant, you need to extend your home policy. 

Renters insurance is added to your homeowner policy in order to protect your personal property and liability while you have another person residing on your property. 

You Should Obtain Renters Insurance If:

  • You rent out part of your home (ie. basement apartment or single bedroom)
  • You have 1 or more borders that live with you (ie. a temporary student border)

If you find yourself answering yes to either of the above questions, Mackay Insurance in Belleville highly recommends notifying your insurance holder immediately. This will allow them to assess the additional home insurance coverages that are necessary in order to protect both your property and your liabilities. 

What Does Renters Insurance Cover?

Rental income property owners add increased property coverage and liability coverage to their homeowner policies in order to protect themselves. Property coverage financially reimburses the property owner for damages to specific personal structures and contents. 

Renter’s Insurance Coverage For Perils Including:

  • Theft 
  • Fire Damage
  • Water Damage 
  • Vandalism 
  • And More!

It is important to note the situations that cannot be covered under a renter home insurance claim as well. These can include:

  • Damages associated with an earthquake or other natural disaster
  • General wear and tear of the property/contents
  • Damages associated with the plumbing of the building
  • And more!

Contact Mackay Insurance in Belleville for more information on obtaining coverage for your apartment and/or other rental property. Visit us online or call our Mackay Home Insurance brokers directly at (613) 354-2555.

If your a home owner and are not sure if your home insurance covers renters or borders watch the video below: